Operations Research/Data Analytics Engineer – Undergraduate Internship
Medecipher is a highly innovative early stage company in the health IT space. We deliver products that apply modern Industrial Engineering and Operations Research technologies to the hospital operations environment. Medecipher helps hospitals improve the quality of care for patients, improve the quality of the work environment for staff, and reduce operating costs with a suite of proactive planning and EMR-integrated real-time decision support tools for optimizing clinical operations.
JOB DESCRIPTION Medecipher is seeking a highly motivated operations researcher to develop statistical and operations research models for healthcare operations applications. The candidate’s responsibilities involve developing predictive and prescriptive mathematical models and implementing these models. The candidate will collaborate with software engineers in the development and deployment of the fully integrated solutions at customers’ site. The ideal candidate is a quick learner and an effective communicator.
· Develop and implement predictive models in R and/or C#
· Develop and implement optimization models in modern optimization language
· Develop, implement and perform discrete event simulation in C# and/or Python
· Test models for accuracy and performance
· Collaborate with information technology colleagues, business owners and third-party vendors
· Effectively communicate results to technical peers and supervisors
· Must have at least 60 credits or be a junior in college
· Must be enrolled full-time, or within six months post-graduation
· Must have completed coursework in optimization modeling or operations research
· Experience using a modern optimization tool preferred
· Must be a current Colorado resident
If interested please send resumes & cover letter to: